Croisan Scenic Trail – Driveway Decision
UPDATED INFORMATION – THIS REQUEST HAS BEEN APPROVED BY PUBLIC WORKS – TO VIEW THE CITY’S INFORMATION CLICK HERE.
For some time, the Salem Public Works Department has been considering a request to construct a secondary driveway to 4511 Century Dr S along the unimproved Right-of-Way (ROW) of Croisan Scenic Way. This portion of ROW is currently used by pedestrians as the “Croisan Scenic Trail.”
Public Works staff presented the proposal to the Sunnyslope Neighborhood Association on September 17, with approximately 30 people in attendance.
The neighborhood comments were presented to a staff committee. The recommendation from that group was to approve a revocable permit with the following conditions:
1) “No Parking” signs will be constructed on both ends of the driveway with Croisan Trail signs affixed to the same posts.
2) An end-of-roadway delineation is required at the end of the driveway as specified by the City Traffic Engineer.
3) The property owner is responsible for maintenance of the driveway.
4) The property owner has non-exclusive use of the right-of-way; trail users will gain access to the trail through his driveway.
5) The pavement section will be 15 feet wide, 2 1/2″ AC on 6″ base.
Questions? Contact Glenn Davis, City of Salem, Public Works Department, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-588-6211.